• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

oil pressure

BUCKYXJ

NAXJA Forum User
What is yall's operating pressure mine is usually 40 but the last few days it has been 60 to 80 any ideas what causes this or if it could just be the cold weather? Its an '89 with 4.0 AW4
DIG IT!

Though cold weather will definitely raise your oil pressure at start up and soon after, it should settle down after the engine has reached operating temp. My pressure in my 94 HO used to be around thirty, but is back to 40 or a bit more now that I've recently replaced my valve cover gasket (though I'm still not sure how the two are related). If you are running that high a pressure all the time, I'd be worried about just about every seal in your engine as they can handle that kinda pressure for a little while, but how long is anyone's guess.
-Tom

cold weather can cause high pressure but it sounds like the sending unit is bad. sending unit is next to the oil filter adapter.

I figured it was the sending unit but I replaced it like a year ago. Oh well in Jan she will be a trail rig.

Back