• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Can I swap the left and right front seats?

last time i checked the adjustment was on the seat, that is unless you got power... then i dont know.

ACE said:
Yeah, It'll work. Your adjustment lever will just be on the wrong side.

He's talking about the reclining adjustment, not the back-forth adjustment.

Once again, it will work, did it on my old '88. One other thing is that the elastic loop that holds the seatbelt buckle up will be on the wrong side and visible when the door is open. Not a real big deal, just another thing to be aware of.

Ary

To address the issues that have been raised by the previous posters...

I know that with my '91 -- the seats can be stripped down to its individual parts.

First of all, I'm assuming that the your driver's seatcushion frame is cracked?

You can just move the cushion/frame to the passenger side(you do need to remove and disassemble the seats). As for the seat-belt loop, the seat cover is also removable. As for the recline lever it's on the seatback not the cushion.

If it is a cracked frame, some people have welded theirs back to health.

Get my welder next month :) :arrowr: :flame:

Last edited:
My '88 was the bare bones model as far as amenities was concerned, no power anything, no tape player, nothing. But on my seats definately had a lever on the seat back itself to recline the seat. The saving grace of my '88 was the fact that it had the D44 and 242 :D Too bad my dad wouldn't listen to me and sold it :(

Back