• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cruise Control No Worky

Ecarlcl

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, hows it going? I swapped a Steering column out of a 91 into my '90 and The cruise connector was different, so I spliced the old connector onto the end, matched the colors up on the wires, but my cruise still doesnt work. Any ideas?

Check for a broken wire where the wires enter the switch on the turn signal stalk. The wires often break where they are exposed and twist each time the switch is operated. Its a trick repair, but it can be done withour removing the switch (ususally).

Well I noticed today if I hold in the set button it accellerates and when I let off it goes back to nothing. Wrong wiring maybe?

Possibly wrong wiring, if that's the "set" button you're referring to. There are some calibration adjustments on the cruise module, that if anyone has messed with them, can make it accelerate aggressively when you push "resume".
These adjustments shouldn't be touched unless everything else checks out ok.
Sounds like you will definitely want to find a diagram, altho that may not help if you matched up wire colors and connectors. Could be challenging....

Back