• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Grounds???

Ghost

Member Number 257
NAXJA Member
Trying to get the last of the engine harness and body harness into my 84. How many grounds should be on the 94 harness? So far I have found one by the starter, was going to bolt it it the coil bolt. Three at the rear of the engine. One I know goes on the head stud but what about the other two? There is a stud on the fire wall too? And then two by the computer? Where should I bolt them? Any info would be greatly appreciated! It is all in there now just some loose ends to tie up.....

oops forgot one by the battery too! That I attached to the fender wall....

Someone has to have some opinion on this!

Anyone?

Just wondering

Hey Ghost,

I also have an '84. I was just wondering about what it is your doing with a '94 harness? Care to share? Sounds like maybe a engine swap, which I may consider down the road when my 2.5 runs out of life.

Thanks, Dave

Yes I'm putting a 94 engine in my 84......

Actually It's all 94 wiring and drivetrain.....

I din't know there were that many - I was only aware of 2 that went to the body, by the battery and at the back of the block. Could the others go to various accessories? I've got a 92, I'll go out in a little while and look for more. Where are your surplus ground wires again? 2 by the computer and 3 along the rear of the engine?

So far the is what I have found.....

Three wires that terminate near the back of the block with round bolt down ends that are traditionally used for frounds. Two by the computer. And one big one by the battery. There is also one in the dash and one at the rear of the bodie harness. Anyone know of any more?

Oh yea, ond one near the starter.

Last edited:
Just went out and looked at my 92. All I see going to the body (without taking anything off of course) are a big braided strap from the rear of the block to a bolt 1 inch below the hood line, in front of the driver side wiper; a smaller wire from the battery to the fender right beside it; and two wires coming out of the harness near the computer to the fender beside it. On your rear wires, does one maybe ground to the tranny? I don't see it on mine but that would make sense.

Also, I've got several bolts on the back of the engine compartment or on the fire wall that don't have anything attached. Proably these are for accessories i don't have but it could be that I'm missing a ground at one of these spots.

What about near the starter and coil????

There is a wire that is in the bundle going to the starter and one is a bigass ground..... Where does it bolt to? The block?

haha just ground everything :laugh2:

Found a stud......

on the block between the third and fourth cylander and below the head. Looks like I found them all. I hope. Once I get her to turn over its reinstally the slave and DS's and go for a test drive.

Back