• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Getting Cruise Control out of Doner

BrianJr

NAXJA Forum User
A friend of mine has a wreaked '97 XJ with cruise control. I haven't gone and looked at it yet but as I remember this was the first year with the airbag equipped steering wheel that my '99 XJ has.

My '99 XJ doesn't have cruise control. What parts do I need off of the '97 to add cruise control to mine? My understanding is that the ring-gears (I think that is the term) can not be reused. Should I plan on simply pulling the entire steering column or can I get a new ring-gear somewhere?

Is there any reason why the 1997 XJ's cruise control would not work in a 1999 XJ?

Thanks,
-Brian

Hasn't anyone taken the cruise out of one XJ and put it in another?

Okay, how about people who have installed the mopar kit - what was in it? Did you have any problems with the install?

If you can get the CPS out of the wreck and keep it for a spare. They cost about $100.
Some parts for the system are:
Powertrain Control Module
Servo Cable
Speed contorl servo
Speed control solenoid circuts
Speed control switch
Vacuum Resevoir
Vehicle speed sensor
Speed control cable, bell crank, cable guide, transmission cable, accelerator cable, locking plate, connectors
Dual funtion stop lamp switch
also the steering wheel with mounts for the switches.
Lots of patience.
Walt

Last edited:
Back