• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

have we been here before?

imma honky

NAXJA Forum User
In a way, yes we have!

Let talk about alternators once more. Well after waiting 10 days for mine to arrive from alternatorpart.com ( i ordered the cs-130 "iceburg" 170 amp), I finally called them up to see whats up and where it was. Well, for some reason it never got processed and was almost lost in the computer netherworld. Well after talking to the guy, he finally found my invoice and told me something interesting. The cs-130 give only about 40-50 amps at idle (stock for the 90 is about 35 amps he said). So he told me about the cs-144 which give around 130 amps at 600 rpm. plus its only 20 more $$ than the cs-130. NOW.... heres the deal. From what ive read here on the forum (from the search) people say the 144 will drop right in if you dont have tow hooks (which I don't). But the guy on the phone said both of the cs-144 brackets are 2 in compared to the stock which has 1 one inch and 1 two inch bracket. He said he knew several people that took hacksaws to one bracket to cut down to size. Well I don't trust myself to hack it so I was thinking about taking to a metal shop and having it professionally done.

What do ya think?

My other option is to manipulate it and fab up a bracket. If I do this, the guy (at alternatorpart) said he would make one for me free as long s I send him a diagram.

INPUT INPUT INPUT.......

Guess I'm an idiot....

You refering to stock tow hooks or aftermarket? I've never seen stockers so....

How would the tow hooks prevent you from using a different alt? I haven't looked so yes I'm seriously asking....

Back