• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trails in Northeast Ohio

Check out Wellsville. Do a search for it on google, you'll dig up a bunch about it.

Sean

Where you at in Ohio? There is a few clubs in the n.e. area.

There are a few aropund here.

1. Rt 611 out in Sheffield Lake (right off I-90)

2. Power Lines Trails down in Medina/Mogadore

3. Hardy Road Dump down in Akron

4. Goodyear Heights Trails off Canal St in Akron (basically a bunch of trails down by the train yards in Akron)

4. Goodyear Heights Trails off Canal St in Akron (basically a bunch of trails down by the train yards in Akron)

I don't know where you live but you have a few things wrong. The Hardy Road Dump is city property and yes you can get arrested. Medina and Mogadore are in different counties about 40 miles apart and Canal street is no where near Goodyear Heights. That's the place I test things on my ride. I also had my XJ buried over the hood in mud there and had to have TPI MJ get all muddy hooking my winch cable up for me :laugh3:

joecool if you wanna get together and try some small unknown places perfect for a couple XJs let me know.

MuddyXJ said:

I don't know where you live but you have a few things wrong. The Hardy Road Dump is city property and yes you can get arrested. Medina and Mogadore are in different counties about 40 miles apart and Canal street is no where near Goodyear Heights. That's the place I test things on my ride. I also had my XJ buried over the hood in mud there and had to have TPI MJ get all muddy hooking my winch cable up for me :laugh3:

joecool if you wanna get together and try some small unknown places perfect for a couple XJs let me know.

I haven't been busted at Hardy road in the Jeep, on Mountain bikes, or my dirbikes in over 15 years. I have never seen anyone even getting busted. The city of Akron can't even control the crime around there, they aren't too concerned about a few people tearing up land in a dump. Just watch out for the 2 headed crows fighting over chicken bones and dirty tampons.

I meant Wadsworth/Medina. I get all those goofy little farmtowns confused.

The place by Firestone is Furnace St., I was there last weekend on my motorcycles.

Check out northeastcrawlers.com They have a pretty good site for stuff in Ohio. mostly run yellowcreek aka wellsville but really that is fun. Anyting you wnat from mild to wild.

tnomud.....I am in akron and new to the jeep world. I want to start doing some off-roading. Where are these trails at in the akron area? I want to go check these out. Do you think you could send me some directions on how to get to them? I am over on spicer st right next to U of A. My email is [email protected]

XJHOX said:
Check out northeastcrawlers.com They have a pretty good site for stuff in Ohio. mostly run yellowcreek aka wellsville but really that is fun. Anyting you wnat from mild to wild.

x2!!! Check out NEC, northeastcrawlers.com, lots of trail rides to Wellsville!! We'll show ya good time on the trails no matter how built your rig is!!! :lecture:

MuddyXJ were you the one I bought a set of rock rails off of like 2-3 years ago??

RalphXJ said:
x2!!! Check out NEC, northeastcrawlers.com, lots of trail rides to Wellsville!! We'll show ya good time on the trails no matter how built your rig is!!! :lecture:

So how do you all build your rigs out there? What type of terrain do you run? Most of the sites I've checked out have pics of logging roads and the occasional log across the road with some mud thrown in. I'm aware of Badlands and Paragon, but those seem like the few and far between trips that the normal wheeler would take. What equipment would the most modified rig in your group have?

Reason I ask is b/c I grew up in NE Ohio and all of my family is still there. After moving out West, I haven't looked back :) . However, now that the family is growing, there is mounting pressure to move home. I'm holding out for now with one of my main reasons is the lack of challenging wheeling.

E

Last edited:
Capt. Nemo said:
So how do you all build your rigs out there? What type of terrain do you run? Most of the sites I've checked out have pics of logging roads and the occasional log across the road with some mud thrown in. I'm aware of Badlands and Paragon, but those seem like the few and far between trips that the normal wheeler would take. What equipment would the most modified rig in your group have?

Reason I ask is b/c I grew up in NE Ohio and all of my family is still there. After moving out West, I haven't looked back :) . However, now that the family is growing, there is mounting pressure to move home. I'm holding out for now with one of my main reasons is the lack of challenging wheeling.

E

Well those of us that are official members all have built rigs!! The club requirements call for atlest 33s. Most of us are on 35s+! I'm on 36in Iroks, (full width 44/9, mini spool, ARB, 4.88) and we have a guy with a 94 XJ on 39.5swampers, 60s, ARBs, leafs front and rear. You've probably seen pictures of it on here or Pirate, Red XJ, black front fenders, TSLs upfront, Boggers out back!! Mostly built TJs, Our club VP runs in NEUROC(now UROC) with a very nicely built TJ. A lot of our club members run Iroks, we have a couple guys on 37s-40s. Our President is building his TJ with 60/14 coilovers 40s. We have a guy with a 93 Grand on 39's. Most of us are locked front and rear! We have a few members that are "smaller" on 33s open, but most everyone that isn't locked has plans too in the near future!!

We mostly wheel at Wellsville as most of us are less then 30min from there, but we take trips to Paragon and Rausch Creek a couple times a year, plus some local trails we have in the area! We try to avoid the mud and play on as many rocks as we can find!! We dont run logging roads, we are know as the "crazy ones" of most of the local offroading clubs!! We definitely push our rigs to the limits!!!

We also get "normal" run together alot that aren't offical runs for anyone on the message board!! Couple months ago I put together a "stock run" for the stockers to get out and see what wheeling is all about and show them what some built rigs could do!!

Check out the site for more info on the club, and pics of some of our members rigs(although most of them need updated!). If you look in the Off topic forum of our message board there is a post at the top I made with links to our old club newsletter, the Jan-Feb one for a review of last years events!! http://northeastcrawlers.com

You can check out our pictures from Paragon here: www.schwabdesigns.com/jeep/paragon/

Let me know the next time your in the NE Ohio area we'll get a ride together and we'll show ya there is good wheeling in the area!!

Other clubs:

Western Reserve 4 Wheelers, Inc. - Meet in Twinsburg www.WREV.ORG the web site is outdated, but we're working on it.

Erie Shore Jeepers - Lorain/Elyria

Muddin Militia

I'm sure there are others if you do some Googling for 4x4 clubs in Ohio

Does anyone know how to get to or where these power line trails in medina are located? I would really like to get check these out. I am wanting to go off-roading badly!

Back