• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3" lift on 235/75R15's...?!?!?!?

soulslngr

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone done the above? I have that size tire and want to go to a 3" lift, but I cant afford new tires yet. I would only be doin light wheeling for the time being. If anyone had done it and have pictures you could send them my way ([email protected]) any help is greatly welcomed......if you couldnt tell I'm new to XJ's....

In my opinon, it looks fine. I will not be able to scan the pic I have and send it tonight, but I will try to do it tomorrow night. I have a 3" lift and 31's on my Daily Driver, and was considering going back to 235's. Just my .02

ive got a 3.5 lift with 30's(about the same as 235's) it looks fine but i like how they look with 31's better.

I did it for a while. The 235's will look a little smaller in comparrison, but it's not bad at all. Don't have any pics of it like that on level gound.

thanks for all of the replies!!! definately gonna do it. I am looking at the Rusty's 3" kit with the full length AALs, any opinions? thanks

depends on the 30" ive seen them run as small as 28" tall and a 235 is about 29" tall & 9.4" wide

My first xj was a 95 country with rusty's 3" full leaf lift and I ran BFG AT 235/75/15 on stock rims. Rusty has great customer service, but I found the lift rode rough for my liking. I thought the tire/lift looked a bit unmatched, not too bad though. Why not save up some coin for a full leaf pack or go with 1.5-2.0" BB. Don't go rushing into things or you'll end up spending way more than you need to. I unfortunately learn from experience.:doh: :doh:

Nick said:
Rusty has great customer service...

HUH?!? Not my experience AT ALL.

I recommend RE. If you plan on going bigger I also recommend saving a little longer and getting what you really want.

For a while, on my first XJ, I ran 215's with a three inch. Looked fine.

fa825f6b.jpg

Last edited:
I disagree with the majority here, I think it'll look funny, lots of people do it but they always stick out to me. It's not bad cuz you aren't far off, but I saw a F250 today that was lifted but still running stock tires and it looked kind of sad. Definitely check out some pictures before you do it. The main thing, though, is it isn't going to help you much at all on the trail with just the lift and not the tires - the whole point of lifting is to fit bigger tires. You'll be raising your COG and not gaining any clearance. And if you're tight on funds anyway going into the lift, that means you don't have any reserve to fix problems that might arise while lifting it. Better to put the lift money in a bank account and wait until you can do it right, and with a little reserve to handle the unexpected.

Back