• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

People with protofab rear bumpers

Moabrox

NAXJA Forum User
I'm actually a Grand Cherokee guy (NAGCA) my parents have 2 built cherokees, anyways I just have a small question. I have a rear protofab bumper with a tire carrier, It is useless to post this question on nagca because I have the only customer one for the grand so far. The question is about the tire carrier. I have a 33x12.50r15 mounted on 15x10 inch wheels, Is this too big for the bumper or unibody to handle. The tire wiggles about a half inch to an inch max. Just making sure the bumper will handle it? TIA, Jake

Youare one of the smart gfew who has seen the quality of the bumper, I tested this bumper when I bought it and I put a 35" on a 10" rum adn filled it with water and ran around for about a week with no problems, other than the XJ tilting to the drivers side. :D

I have the Proto-fab rear XJ bumper on a 98 XJ.....The bumper is very stout, more so than the JEEP its bolted to.....Rick Norman had one on his (91) and my 98 is braced ALOT better back there...I have a 35x12.50x15 MT/R on there on a 15x8 Rock crawler wheel...its plenty strong......

Flexy

Back