• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chrysler 8.25" fluid capacity?

AZEric

NAXJA Forum User
hmmm, was the guy at Autozone FOS with his approximation of 3.75 qts? it's barely holding 2.5 qts.... this seemed pretty simple a half hour ago... anybody know this one?

I just filled mine yesterday and it took slightly under 1.5 of those tall skinny bottles of 75w90, though I'm not sure what they hold. 3.75 quarts seems like way, way too much. Also, the service manual warns against overfilling it - which it claims will cause foaming and breakdown of the lubricant.
-Tom

D'oh, just realized that you were talking about an 8.35 and I have a D35. Sorry about that! Do you have a service manual? if not, I'll check and see what mine lists tomorrow.
-Tom

Just changed mine the other day,used two bottles(1 qt.) each.This was enough to run it out when it was warm.
8.25 Chry with lock-right
Wayne

My '99 FSM says the Chrysler 8.25" axle's fluid capacity is 2.08L (4.4 pts.) plus 4 oz. of friction modifier additive if equipped with TRAC-LOK.

Back