• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Blown hubs

bluexj89

NAXJA Forum User
I hope this hasn't been beat to deaqth but searching reveiled nothing. Here is what I have. D44, 5.13 gears, was open just installed Lock Right, warn hubs/ and MM hubs, Chevy knuckles small bearing spindles and brake backing plates, Ford hubs and rotors. Rear is a spooled 9" with 5.13 gears. Tires are 35". I have blown 4 locking hubs now. 3 on the passenger side and one on the drivers side. what can be causeing this? I am not running the small snap ring either. removed after the first 2 warns blew. I am about to put the hub flanges on but am afraid to break something bigger up stream. BTW front was open when hubs were blowing.

The first set I blew was Warn std hubs. So besides for the outer part of the hub what is the difference between the std and premiums?

So the inners are the same? It is the inners that I am destroying. unless the weaker outers are are alowing too much movement in the inners ...

There is nothing mechanical that can cause a hub to blow. It blows for one reason, the torque applied to it is more than it can handle. Get the Warn Premuim hubs (they are stronger) and adjust your driving style.

The rig didn't blow the hub........you did. :D :D

I wish I could say I was hard on them. I guess I had to use a little throttle in the mud but nothing more than mud runners around here use in there hi hp full size rigs. I guess I will be useing the drive flanges. If I break those I know I was having fun. I will keep my eye out for some premiums.

Yep, Warn Premiums all the way. Helped my brother install a set on his Cruiser. They're the only way to go.

Back