• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

nv3550 swap

masterdon

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone swapped to an nv3550? I got the kit from advance adapters and have it bolted in already. THe question I have is how to mount the cross member. It needs to slide back 6" or so. The best way to mount it that I can think of is to drill through the "frame" up through the floor. Then use a 1/4" steel plate inside and nuts on top of that. Any better ideas?

On the older XJs (like my '88) there are two sets of holes, and the stock cross member can be mounted in either of two positions by relocating the studs and bolts. Your post didn't say what yoer XJ you have, so I don't know if yours would have the double holes.

What are you using for a cross member? If you have the original, have you checked to see if there's a different one used by the factory with the NVG3550 tranny? Did the kit include a tranny mount?

Is this going in place of a pugeot tranny? If it is then there are 2 holes tapped into the frame 6" back from the original rear holes. You just use your old rear holes for the front bolts on the xmember and the new ones for the rear. I had to use these when i went from my pugeot to an AX-15. They might be filled up with dirt/rocks/rust etc, but they should be there. Just run a tap through them and bolt it up.

If yours didnt have a pugeot in it then your probably going to have to drill and tap your own.

Back