• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Will these rims fit on a 98 XJ bolt pattern?

GoalPoster

NAXJA Forum User
I'm just starting to get my act together on my 98 XJ project and have a chance to pick up a set of 15X8 EAGLE 589 rims which I'll hang on to in my basement.

Can't beat the price.

They're from a TJ . . . . I'm just not sure if they'll fit . . . as in . . . bolt pattern!!

BTW . . . I'm going with the 4.5" Rubicon so my stock rims aren't gonna cut it.

GPRSDLYT said:
YJ'S TJ'S XJ'S ZJ'S and most WJ'S used the 5x4.5 pattern.
-never inquired about KJ'S tho.

ALL WJ's are 5x5 bolt pattern and will NOT fit. KJ's are 5x4.5 bolt pattern and will fit, but they usually have fairly deep backspacking. HTH

Ary

:wstupid:

when i had my old dakota, i was || this close to lifting it. i had everything picked out. including the 589's you speak of. one thing you might want to note, i think the backspacing for those is something shallow like 3.5". you might want to take that into consideration.

GoalPoster said:
They're from a TJ . . . . I'm just not sure if they'll fit . . . as in . . . bolt pattern!!

BTW . . . I'm going with the 4.5" Rubicon so my stock rims aren't gonna cut it.

TJ rims will fit. As suggested, double check the back spacing. However ...

I don't understand why you feel the stock rims "aren't going to cut it." I know people running up to 6" lifts and 33" tires with OEM rims. Why don't you think they'll work?

Back