• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best aftermarket radiator

ReBeL XJ

NAXJA Forum User
whn i do my motor swap im replacing the cooling system too. what is the best upgraded radiator for the 4.0 non HO?

Not the GDI. Most people are hit or miss on this one. I'm a miss.

Actually, I've got a 3 row CSF in route (well, UPS LOST the first one, and the second just showed up busted into a taco).

These are suppose to be the bomb. From what's left of the one that showed up, it does look pretty good.

You can score one from Dirk at www.dpgoffroad.com He's got write ups too.

Best, would be a custom aluminum radiator. Be Cool, Howes, Griffen, are all brands that can make you one to order, they may even have a production run for XJs, inquire.

XJguy

As Robs pointed out, GDI can be hit or miss. I happen to be a hit I guess because I've had really good luck with my GDI 3 row. I installed it when I converted my Comanche's closed cooling system to an open system over a year ago. Some people feel the GDIs built in Mexico are good while those built in China are crap. Mine was built in Mexico.

Erik
88 Comanche

Back