• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Installing an AA fixed yoke on my 231...

ECKSJAY

Water is dirty
...and I notice that I have some nice, DEEP, mill marks in some areas of the mating surfaces (main housing). I understand having a few small ones, but this doesn't seem right. My prior t-case leakage was coming from those areas. Is this normal? I'm planning on filling them in with JB, then sanding it down a little (to make a level surface...adding, not subtracting anything) after it cures and putting the case back together.

Also, what's a preferred RTV to use? I have black Permatex but it seems like I should have something different...and no, the dealer stuff isn't an option for me, unfortunately. ;)

Thanks.

Yeah ,mine was the same way.Just make sure its clean/dry and lay a good layer of silicone down.Ive had mine apart several times and never any leaks!

I'm gonna fix it later on. My friend and I put it together and he was a little on the conservative side when he put the RTV on. It's actually leaking in a few places, happen to be where the mill marks are...again. lol I'm not worried at this point because I got the SYE in and it's no longer leaking out the slip yoke.

BTW, it drives GREAT with that short shaft in...and I 'cheated' and put a stock front driveshaft in (double cardan with 1310 ends, slip shaft). I need a little shimming in the rear, but the thing is 600% better than before. :D The length just happened to be correct for my amount of lift, so I figured why not put a front shaft in rear that's identical to my current front shaft? With them in abundant supply and cheap to rebuild I can carry one spare on the trail.

Thanks for the reply, BTW.

Only a few more weeks and I'm back on the trail. SWEET!

Back