• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ignition problem NEED HELP!!!!

xjfanatc

NAXJA Forum User
I have an 87 cherokee (pioneer). My problem is that the ignition swith (key swith) seems to be working occasionnally. I can start it without problem it runs fine. The problem I am having is that when the key is in the run position none of the things that are supposed to be running works ex. The heater, turn signals, radio, and rear wiper are the things i have noticed not working. The truck runs fine even though nothing works. I sometimes can play with the key either turning it on and off or by grinding the starter by putting it in the start position and it sometimes will work. this had just started suddenly. I have swapped in two different key and cylinders thinking that was the problem but it is still not working. Any help would be great. You can email me at [email protected] or im me there or post here. If it would be easeir if someone knows of this problem I could call them if they wanted. Thanks in advance.

I'm not really expierienced with all this but I'm having trouble with my ignition switch, and in my case is the wires arent making a good connection then the airconditioning and radio etc. wont work, but the car wont start either. I dunno, maybe you could make sure that you're getting a good connection at you ignition switch. I'm pretty sure its located ontop of the steering collum.

lemme know how it goes.

The actual switch is mounted under the dash on top of the stearing tube. It cost's about $15.00 for a new one and looks like this.

igswitch.jpg

Back