• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE 4.5 Superflex shock question

trekker

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all,
Well, I finally got around to doing the rear install. Got the 3.5" leafs and extended shackles in w/o too much trouble. Sucks working in the snow, however!
I discovered what one of my mystery clunks was all about. My left rear Rancho 9000 was short enough that it was reaching full extension on even mild bumps. Now it is too short to even re-attach with my new springs! My plan has been to warranty them out for a set of longer ones, but I won't be able to determine best length until I get the front springs on and can do some measuring.
Do you think I am alright running w/o rear shocks for awhile?
I am thinking of just warrantying them out for a set of popular lengths, selling them, and getting something better for my XJ.
Sorry about my wordiness:) Any suggestions appreciated.
T

hey! Where in Vt Are you?

Are you running the 3.5" RE springs with a shackle?

How much total lift you running?

RJ

You need Rancho 9255's for the front and 9256's for the rear.

Hey guys,
I am in Burlington, how bout' you TOZOVR?
4/5" lift, 4.10s, 31s, front ARB and some other goodies. I bought the rig when I lived in CO.

RCP Phx, thanks for the suggestion. Is that based on a 4.5" lift like I will have? Also, I have the bar pin eliminators bottom front and top rear. Will that make a difference on your shock suggestions?

Back