• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Moab: Helldorado and Proving Grounds

Most unfortuanate.
Not a surprise that the proving grounds area is being developed but the Helldorados? :(

Jes

Here's more info.
Helldorado's Land Sold

Craig Stumph wrote:

If the land is now private I would say that Helldorado is gone unless
the new owner is willing to let people drive it. This has no benefits
for the owner as all he would potentially get for his generosity would
be a law suit. Check with SITLA in Moab & see if the land has really
been sold or if this is an action by someone else. The SITLA contact
person is Jan Parmenter. Call information to get the State
Institutional Trust Lands Administration office #.

Craig

Good points Craig, if this is in fact a legitimate sale and it's final, then the odds are that the area is history for our use........glad I ran through Lower in October.....in fact, we ran it on the same day that the sale was final!
This really sucks!

We need to drill down on this State Land Auction and get on the list, I'm subcribing to the email addy [email protected] for requesting notification on upcoming sales of land. I suggest that you all do the same. I'm also going to call these two contacts and get more info as well.

CONTACTS
Jan Parmenter
(435) 259-3760
[email protected]
Moab, Utah

Diane Durrant
(801) 538-5163
[email protected]
Salt Lake City, Utah

If this is the route that the State is taking, selling off this land to the highest bidder, then we are gonna really get screwed if the deep pocketed WAG backers get involved. We need to find out the specifics and then align the OHV communities and get the financial backing to purchase land for Multi-Use.
I'm not liking this at all.....................
Jeff

hell.jpg

Is that the entrance to Lower Helldorado? :(

Jes

Back