• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dana 44's what year?

1st off.....try the search button.

2nd. They only were D44 rears and they only came under the MY 87 88 and 89 XJs with the towing package. There were some units in MJ's as well, but they are not direct swap in as they are SUA.

-Scott

I've found them mostly under 87's, with or without the tow package, and both stick and automatic. I think it depends somewhat on the area you live in. In CA I've only seen them in 87's, and I've never seen an '87 without one.......but that's just my experience.

Many long bed MJ's also have a D44. The spring pads are under the axle, but it's very easy to weld on new spring pads on top of the axle. They also don't have shock mounts since the shocks mount to the spring plates, but most of us move the shocks up even with the axle anyway, so that also is no big deal.

I have also seen them mostly under 87s, and most of those were XJ Wagoneers. But I have also seen numerous 87s that did not have a Dana 44.

Despite rumors that the D44 was also used in the 88 and 89 XJ, I have never seen one. I think it's an urban legend.

Back