• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Post Theft observations

Ecarlcl

NAXJA Forum User
We'll my XJ seems to be running alright despite its little ride on Saturday morning. I have a few concerns about the steering, and another problem.

When i was backing out of my parking space today, it felt like the emergency brake was partially on but it wasnt. Also when I turn real wide, like a left accross an intersection the jeep seems to skip, it will turn but it feels like it jerks back against the turn just a little bit, perhaps my hubs are locked and and I need to reverse to unlock them?

Thanks for all your support through all of this. Its nice to know someone cares.

Ecarlcl

Any 4WD lights showing on the indicator panel to the left of the main gauge cluster?

With a 5-speed you must have a disconnect front axle. Check to be sure they didn't run over something and rip the vacuum tubes off the axle shift motor (it's on the passenger side of the front axle, and there's a harness of three cvacuum tubes that should be connected to it).

Well, I backed up about 20 feet today and everything appears to be normal. I checked the vacuum lines. Good idea. I got the passenger side glass put in today, so its going back together.

Back