• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

94 2.5L in a 84 swap snag!

Ghost

Member Number 257
NAXJA Member
Ok so I put the 94 engine in with the 94 acessory brackets and am planning on using the 94 accesorys. Unfortunately My mounts did not work on both sides. The engine is from a 94 YJ by the way. So I put my 84 bracket on the engine for the passanger side. Well today I finally got my hands on the alt. and my fears are true. The alt hits the bolt. So does anyone know if the engine brackets are different between the yj and the xj? I know there are two differnt 4 cylander engine mounts but do not know what the others look like. I need some images of the modern 4 popper engine mounts. Who was it that has a 4 popper on here?

Last edited:
I have an '84, and '86 and an '88 here. I can do a visual on the '84 and the '88 tomorrow and tell you if they are at all different, if that helps. You're only concened about the passenger side, correct?

Yes that is correct passanger side.....

But, think the change was in 91. But I would be intrested in the differences if any in those three. I'll bet the 84 is not different from the 86 or 88. So If you don't mind I'd appreciate that look.

Back