• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

door removal

I just cut the lower part of my door hinge off and am useing the factory roll pin. this has been working for me for 2 years now!:)

Hold on! you don't have to drill out the pins, they'll tap out. and the original pins'll work. I just welded some tabs onto the top of the pins for in-n-out grip. The only thing you might need to do with a drill is run one through the door side hinges to clearance 'em. As for the xj side hinge, just pull out the copper fabric bushing and you get enough clearance in the hinges so they'll work easily. Hope this helps.:)

I wanted removable doors, but didn't want to haul around them if I took them off. So I decided to make vinyl doors that snap into place. I also have a full spare tire ( 33") mounted on a prerunner type mount in the cargo area. So the rear hatch wouldn't close. So I made vinyl doors that snap onto the body. I also made one for the rear hatch. They are black and have clear vinyl for the window area. The two front doors are in place with snaps and have a zipper around three sides. So I can unzip the door, roll it back and secure it to the pillar. The two rear doors are snapped in and have to be unsnapped to attach to the pillar. It looks cool and is very practical.

How well would removable doors in a cold New Hampshire winter?

i have a 96 cherokee. the hinges dont have that little plastic cap on the top like the old ones do. it looks tack welded and cant be punched out. what do you do then? chop off the bottom?

i love my tube doors latches from a YJ work perfect to keep them closed
fa5f68ed.jpg

can you tell im not locked yet
fa5f68fe.jpg

it really sucks when you go to pull someone out and get stuck in the process.

Back