• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lunch box locker and spool help

Nik

NAXJA Forum User
I did a search over both of these components. I want to buy a spool for a Dana 44 RS with .5 inch tubing walls. I dont really know where to look and how much it will cost. Who makes them? I have warn lockouts, and thought about welding but I am going with the spool. Also one otherr question, what all is incvolved in on dropping one of these in? Is it an easy install?

Cheers,

Nik

Check out Summit Racing, Jegs, Reider Racing, Randys R&P. Everyone sells spools for a 44.

It involves everything a gear change involves. The spool completely replaces your carrier, so everything comes out.

Good choice,
Crunch

I love being spooled! Been spooled over three years now. Hard on tires though! you can sometimes cath deals on ebay for new ones!

Anybody make a spool or mini-spool for the 8.25? I looked for one a while back but couldn't find one.

Nik said:
I did a search over both of these components. I want to buy a spool for a Dana 44 RS with .5 inch tubing walls. I dont really know where to look and how much it will cost. Who makes them? I have warn lockouts, and thought about welding but I am going with the spool. Also one otherr question, what all is incvolved in on dropping one of these in? Is it an easy install?

Cheers,

Nik

Assuming you're talking about the front axle; do you have a 2-low transfercase? If not, you might want to reconsider the spool even with the Warn hubs.

I will elave the hubs un-locked on the street not locking the front up so i wont wear down the tires. I will lock them up when I need to on the trail.

I have the 231 with just a 4 low, and yes this is a front D44 not a 8.25

Nik, I'm talking about off-road. Trying to turn on the trail with a fully locked front end is a major pain in the butt. It'll double your turning radius.

Yeah I knew I would have that issue. I will just probably have to unlock it or spin the tire to turn. I knew that would come along with it but Its worth it.

Just bought the spool from Jegs

Cheers,

Nik

Back