• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Suspension rebuild questions

tom from boston

NAXJA Forum User
In an aim to keep money not in my wallet and make my Jeep happy, I'm getting ready to replace most, if not all of the suspension, as this jeep is a sloppy mess on the road.

I've picked up front coils, lower control arms, sway bar links, and rear leaf springs off of a 2000 xj (with 120K less miles from a not so rusty area).

So I'm planning on picking up new uppers, front spring isolators, u-bolts, shackles, bolts, poly sway arm bushings front and rear, stearing dampener, and track arm bushings.

What are the pros/cons of getting a low budget (daystar) budget lift kit so I can get new shackles and isolators. Should I get the greasible ones? Pros/cons?

What else am I missing? Other than an alignment of course.

Thanks,
Tom

Pro's: you have it apart, why not lift it a bit while you're under there.

Con's: having it apart and not lifting it while you're under there. :doh:

Get the greaseable shackles.:)

I'd say go for it. Check out Rusty's site, the 1.75" budget boost may be for you.

Any brand is good, most BB's are created equal. You SHOULD get the greaseable shackles though.

If you're getting anything poly, I would go with graseable. If you don't they will start squeeking over time.--------Dave

Back