• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jks Control Arms Vs. Teraflex

ARTSTER

NAXJA Forum User
Looking at getting new control arms, upper and lower. I like the way these 2 companys control arms pivot. Who has used these and what are the positives and negatives that they have found? Also are there other companys that have similiar control arms that pivot? I will be upgrading to 6+ inches in the near future. O yeah does anyone use revolver shackles? Whats do you thinkl of them?

Thanx , Art

:)

Under flex control arms need to move 3-dimensionally,those arms cannot!Go with either RE or Currie arms.

Ive been running tera uppers and lowers for about three years..I think for the money they are a great
also the bushings can be replaced if need be...

they are good from stock height to about 7.5" of lift

1-up/down movement
2-Sideways movement due to the trackbar
3-twisting action when articulated

I tried the Tera's after my Pro-comps,then I went RE and havent had any problems since!

RCP-PHX, could u possibly shed some light on what u mean by 3 dimensionally.
I would think since these control arms pivot in the center that u dont need the bushings to pivot also. They still pivot up and down at the axle and frame, plus they rotate in the center for articulation.:confused:

Just like stock arms,the sideways movement is done with the flexing of the bushing itself.The threads get loose and noisy also.

I've got JKS uppers with Currie JJ's mounted in the upper axle mounts. When one side of the axle is compressed and the other side is drooped it exibits a good bit of suspension steer cause my trackbar is not the correct length. The lateral or sideways deflection allowed by the JJ helps prevents bind. OEM rubber busings on both ends should provide enough dflection for most setups. I have unequal lenth uppers and lowers so I wanted as much deflection as possible. Pics@

http://community.webshots.com/album/88156478rbjAfb

The JKS arms use a finer thread than teraflexes and are supossed to be more durable. I have not had them on my rig long enough to comment on their durability.

I have RK revolvers and I'm pretty indferent about them. Don't love or hate them. I'd spend that money on other mods first.

I've got JKS upper and lowers... Very stout... no noise... no rattle... and under full articulation the rubber bushing is torqued, but don't look too bound up at all...

They ARE pricy.

rnmedic said:
details on the Alcan springs please?

59.5" long eye to eye compressed length.
AOR Orbit Eye spherical bushing in the front end of the spring eye.
145 lb/in spring rate(feels a lot stiffer)
About 6" of lift over a stock cherokee spring not counting the lowered front spring hanger(orbit eyes are wider than our stock spring hanger) and the 1-1.5" or so provided by the shackle.(8.75" total) a lot more than I ordered. I asked for 4". I blame it on AOR.
WAAAY to expensive. Dealing with AOR is not fun.

Anything else ya want to know?

Back