• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Budget Boost Q's

XJ91

NAXJA Forum User
I did a search, came up with 80 threads:rolleyes:

I was looking at getting the RE 2" BB, but after reading through the threads it appears that Rocky's 1.75"BB with FULL AAL is the way to go.

My Q's are................

With stock rims I'm looking at getting 30x9.5x15's

I need to replace my stearing stabalizer shock (dampner), will the stock stabilizer shock be good enough or will I need to get after market?

My shocks look like they are still the original from '91, what are my choices with the BB?

Also how easy is this? I am not that mechanically inclined when it comes to vechicles.

2"BB is a reasonably strait forward instal however you will have to pull the lower section of spring pack in the rear, and install the aal, and the spring does need to come out to put in the new blocks. So really it is not any less work than a 3" lift kit. If you have a decent set of tools you should be able to do it in a long evening. If you have help from someone who has done similar work it can be done much quicker. Plan on doing the rear and then the front. You will need a alignment afterwards.

I would get some OME shocks.
Steering dampers are up to you, I have a stock one from 89 on mine and it works great at 4.5" of lift and 33's. I would not spend more money on a stock one if you can get a OME for less money!!

HTH,
Michael

My BB just arrived today from RE. I also got the RE adjustable track bar, an OME steering stablizer and Doestech 3000 shocks. The RE does come with a full AAL, you just have to tell them you want it when you order. Get a buddy to help you out. You need a jack, good jack stands and a fair set of tools, nothing over the top. I would say you should have it done in a day to a day-half, at the most. I'm just waiting on a few other parts before I put mine in, also waiting for my C-Rok steering frame brace to come back from the powder coater, before I do mine. I am shooting for an install next weekend or Thanksgiving weekend. I know there are a lot of people with more experience than me who swear by Rusty's but I also did a search before I bought mine. There seems to be some problems with Rusty's adj. trackbar. Some say they have nothing but probs, others swear by it. If I knew before I bought that JKS has an adj. trackbar, I would have gone with that one, but I think that RE is the way to go. My opinion, take it or leave it.:D

Jeepin' John ("JnJ" on these forums) used to have a full write-up on a BB install on his personal eb page. Find one of his posts, drop him a PM, and if it's still up maybe he'll send you the URL.

ThanX Eagle I found a post by JnJ and checked out his site, Printing that stuff off as I write.:thumbup:

Urban Redneck
Is the adjustable track bar also needed when lifting? I'm kinda partial to RE myself:D

I have heard that you can get away without it, but you may have to drill a new hole to put the bar back in to get everything centered again. That is what I heard from some posts on the boards. I didn't feel like drilling, so I got the adjustable.

Back