• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Warn 5 on 4.5" hubs on factory Canyon wheels?

Renegade Jpr

NAXJA Forum User
Will 5 on 4.5" bolt patteren Warn hubs work with the factory Canyon wheels?...just wondering....

I dont know what the Canyon wheels look like but,alot of the factory alloys will not work.

Anybody else know anything? Could I simple grind out the hole for the hub to fit? (That is if they dont fit by very little.)

What is the diamiter on the hubs? I could go measure to hole in the wheels to see if they fit If I only knew how big they are.

Anybody??:confused:

:anon:

I think pilot hole on a rim should be 2 7/8(approx) to fit lockout hubs trought

Most afermarket wheels do not work with Warm or MM conversion. Center hole should be large enoough to fit over lockout hub.
Good Luck!

Renegade Jpr said:
Will 5 on 4.5" bolt patteren Warn hubs work with the factory Canyon wheels?...just wondering....

Rob Shelley (XJCrazed) is running 15x7 ZJ Canyons with Warn hubs....Full Floating the rear D44 too. He did say that the hub area needed to be enlarged slightly, know anyone with a lathe?

Yea, getting a lathe is no problem to me. I certified with CAD CAM Autodesk ect.. and have accsess to about $90,000 worth of lathes and Mills. However I think that the only enlarging in the center hole that will be needed is just the little "lip" that holds the center cap in place. Im going to E-mail Warn and see if I can get some demnsions from then and then with aa set of calipers I could go out and measure the hub opening.

Thanks alot! I really appreciate the help.:D

I read somewhere the hole in the wheel must be 2.75" or so - I had looked into this same situation awhile back, and only determined that it would be 'close' :)

Cool! I'll go take some measurements later to see if it will fit.

OILBURNER said:
I read somewhere the hole in the wheel must be 2.75" or so - I had looked into this same situation awhile back, and only determined that it would be 'close' :)

Well if your right then Im going to have to grind off about .25" from my wheels to get it to fit. Im going to call Warn and have a talk with them to see what they say.

Here y'go, straight off of Warn's site:

WARN® FRONT HUB CONVERSION KIT
FOR NEWER JEEP® VEHICLES THAT RETAIN THE STOCK 5 ON 4.5" WHEEL BOLT PATTERN

Replaces all front non-serviceable hub assemblies found on '84 and newer cherokees, '87 and newer Wranglers. This conversion kit improves the vehicle's flat towing, reduces wear, and increases mileage by allowing you to disengage the front driveline completely. WARN high strength alloy axles help to increase front end strength and durability.

This kit allows you to use Warn flange mount standard hubs on the factory bolt pattern. Not recommended for tires larger than 32".

'84-'94 Jeep Wrangler
5 on 4.5" wheel bolt pattern, 260X u-joint, 27 spline PN 38006

'95-'01 Jeep Wrangler
5 on 4.5" wheel bolt pattern, 297X u-joint, 27 spline PN 38007

Note: Increases track width by 3/4" per side. Full cast rotors must be purchased and the rotor pilot hole must be machined to 3.575 = or -.015 before installation (Full cast rotor ITT PN 65225, Wagner PN BD125039, Raybestos PN 7142). Warning: loss of ABS braking.

That dosent tell me anything about the wheels though, unless the wheels also have to be the same size as the rotor pilot hole wich is 3.75"

It took some doing, but this is all I could find:

Once the brake calipers were installed, our new heavy-duty Dana 30 was complete. Make sure your wheels have a center hole of at least 2.78 inches so they will clear the new locking hub, and be sure to check torque specs after the first 50 miles or so.

SWEET thanks!...Now time to cut the Canyons....:eek:

Back