• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

radiator conversion

alemmons

NAXJA Forum User
Trying to remove old radiator and the lower drivers side of the radiator has the small hose to the transmission cooler. I am not able to get the hose disconnected. Do I need a special tool, or is there a trick?

Thanks

Sorry, I didn't give enough information. It is a 1989 with the 4.0. The hose has a plastic piece that appears to lock the hose over a rib on the radiator. That is what I can't get off. Thanks again.

I just did this. You have to squeeze the two plastic ears together and with the right amount of squeezing and pulling, it'll come off. Mine did, but the plastic guts stayed on the nipple of the radiator. Well, after $17 for new plastic guts, i struggled and struggled with it to go back on. A few people suggested cuttin it and puttin a hose clamp on it since it's a low pressure ATF line. About 75 miles now and no leakage. If you have the connector with metal guts, you'll need to buy a special tool available at almost any auto store. Do a search for transmission lines and read my posts. Good luck.

Adam

Back