• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Siping and road manners

THE_OWL

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone have any experience with siping large tires and road manners?
Specifically the MT/Rs with only the center area siped .
Im looking at a set of used ones.
thanks

Siping,if anything should make things better.The cuts are basically microscopic,but act to effectively turn larger lugs into smaller ones!

I siped a set of 38x12.50 Swampers.
No difference what so ever on the road.
I didn't think they made much difference on the rocks either............... until I started running my new SX Swampers w/o siping and realized how bad they suck at sticking to rocks.

They will make your tires wear faster in the rocks. although probably not enough to make a difference. Apparently they are supposed to wear slower on the street due to improved heat disapation.

C-ROK said:

They will make your tires wear faster in the rocks. although probably not enough to make a difference. Apparently they are supposed to wear slower on the street due to improved heat disapation.

Ditto what Greg said. Siping overall gives improved performance.

Ditto on the above...34x10.50 center lugs and on the street it is a little quiter...Noticed a little difference on trail. It was dry at Tellico this past weekend so have not got to try it out in the mud yet...:D

Back