• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Going to buy a new roof rack...

XJeffro

NAXJA Forum User
i'm looking to get a new rack for the roof of my XJ. it will mainly be a place to hold my spare. in the future it will hold my hi-lift, add some lights, etc. i am looking at spending between $200-$300. if anyone can give me info about a good deal on a rack, personal experiences with a certain brand, or the best place to get one.

i know some of you are really against roof racks, but my roof is the only place i can keep my spare...:rolleyes:

also, if anyone has any pics of their rack with some info, that would be great. thanks:)
Jeff

Try Surco/Kargomaster combo.

I was in the same spare tire predicament as you. I installed a Surco 50x60" safari-rack. I wanted to use the existing factory roof rails, so I bought the Kargomaster rack mounts for the jeep w/factory rack rails. I really like the setup: Rack = $180, Spare Tire attachment for rack = $50 and Kargomaster Brackets = $50. That was the cheapest setup I could find. Surco products from Quadratec and Kargomaster brackets from the Sportsrack. You have to do a little custom drilling to get the surco rack to fit on the kargomaster brackets, but it's 20 mins worth of work. email me at [email protected] and I'll send you pictures.

Back