• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2nd anual Toys For Tots at Badlands

cardboard

NAXJA Forum User
The 2nd Annual 4WTF/ Marines Toys For Tots run will be held Saturday Dec. 6. If you werent in attendance last year this is how it works: Bring a new unwrapped toy with receipt worth $5-$10, receive $5 off admission, worth $10- $15, receive $10 off admission, worth over $15 get in free. Riders who bring toys will not be charged. We had a blast last year and you cant beat the purpose. There will be food provided so all you need to bring is your rig. Hope to see alot of NAXJA decals while im checking in all those toys.
Thanx Digger

Ok folks, let's get the talk going. I'm 90% sure that I'm going to be there. Putting a new motor in the tow rig right now, that's pretty much the determining factor.

Sean

I'm ready to head out there again, but probably just for the day. I know that NAXJA did very well for Toys for Tots in Moab, but I couldn't make that one. I'm trying to talk some of my old motorcycling buddies into bringing their ATVs out there. A bunch of us did the Chicago Toys for Tots motorcycle run about 20 years ago and had fun, despite being almost the only ones on Jap bikes, and the high temperature being about 26. It would be great to see the folks from last weekend again, and hopefully I could complete a trail before breaking something this time:anon:

Thanx for the input folks. We had a great time last year so i see no reason we shouldn't repeat again this year. Don't forget those Toys.
Thanx Digger

I would like to add that if anyone from the Chicago area would like to donate toys, but can't make the run, I'll deliver them for you. Are we possibly planning an un-official Chicago area NAXJA get-together for Friday after Thanksgiving? If so, that would be the perfect time to collect toys :cheers:

So, where were you guys? I made it out there about 1/2 hour after they opened. What a zoo! I've never seen that many trucks out there. They had a couple monster trucks on display, a pig roast, an ATV vendor. Saw quite a few tube buggies in the quarry, one guy in a Wrangler rolled it on that little mud hill in the quarry (it was pretty slick, but I cruised right up- the first time- then I couldn't make it again :wierd: ) Everything was wetter and sloppier than last time. I did see maybe 3 or 4 other XJs but no NAXJA stickers. Anyway, I donated $100 worth of toys (amazing how far that will go at K-Mart), so that was good for 6.66 members, but it would have been nice to have more of you folks out there to wheel with, especially since I didn't break anything this time :)

Sorry I couldn't be there to play, but a sick momma, a sick baby, and finals to study for take precedence. Glad you had fun though, 'cause last time you didn't seem to have much luck. Looking forward to seeing everyone at winterfest too.

John

Yeah, last time I had bad luck with that stupid brake line, but I had a lot more fun meeting everyone, and especially partying down by the river with you and the others. I found a bunch of bottle caps in my jacket today that I must have put there that night?

Hey Less glad to see you made it. What color is your jeep ill see if remember seeing you come thru that zoo you speak of. Wasnt that line crazy . Question for you, while you waiting in line was there any complaints about having to wait to get in. We were working as fast as we could but we were SWAMPED. Let me know what you thought.
Thanx Digger

This is my XJ http://community.webshots.com/photo/92895459/92903787uVxLnb
probably not that clean though, since it hasn't been washed since before that trip. I did get there about 1/2 hour after they opened so I don't know what it was like earlier, but I didn't think the line was too bad. The two in front and one behind me didn't look like they were upset or anything. I've been there other times when it has taken longer to get in. Maybe someone who had no clue what was going on may have been upset, but it's not like the Toys4Tots thing was a secret. I thought it was handled very well, considering the extra step of checking in the toys

I thought that might be you i saw. Remember the powder blue jeep that climbed the rock face just as you came by the pond. I was with 2 buggies a rubicon and a red tj. Iwish i would have known that was you cause you could have joined us the orange trail after we did lunch.
Digger

Yeah, I saw that- nice job. I've now missed two opportunities to do Orange, since last time I didn't do it because of my brake problem. I'd checked it out on my own, but didn't want to go too far in by myself. Maybe at Winterfest.

lesslimited92 said:
Yeah, I saw that- nice job. I've now missed two opportunities to do Orange, since last time I didn't do it because of my brake problem. I'd checked it out on my own, but didn't want to go too far in by myself. Maybe at Winterfest.

Come on John, you GOTTA do Orange next time...you definitely have the setup to do it.

If you don't, I'm gonna steal your axles while you're sleeping......

John

Back