• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Can i Do THIS

rav

NAXJA Forum User
I am getting My AX-15 bolted in to replace my peugeot right now, i have seen tranny coolers for the AW4 but not for the 5 speed, i was wondering why is it so? and can i put one on mine, any input will be appreciated.

Thanks;
Ravi

um.....something about an oil pump.......

see what i mean, right?

each uses two methods of "oiling"

the auto needs fluid under pressure for its shifting.

the other one gets slung

Thanks for your reply, but can you explain it in simple terms i am not understanding what you are implying.

Ravi

Automatic transmissions use a pump to oil and shift, manual transmissions use their rotating internals to "sling" the oil around.

Jes

Manual transmissions don't have an oil pump, they just slosh the oil around with teh gears (slinging it around). In order to use a cooler you'd have to have something to pump that oil to through the cooler.

Not to mention it'd be quite the challange to pump gear oil!

Sequoia

and its probably not a concern, i wouldn't worry about it.

just use some quality gear oil with the recommended gl rating.

I found a huge difference when I put synthetic in my ax-15, especially in cold weather. no more crunchy 2nd gear

Interesting side note.

Someone actually makes a pump and cooler for the NV4500. These things run really hot, so a cooler helps the 18-dollar-a-quart fluid last longer.

CRASH

CRASH said:
Interesting side note.

Someone actually makes a pump and cooler for the NV4500. These things run really hot, so a cooler helps the 18-dollar-a-quart fluid last longer.

CRASH

Post up, man!

Beez, you're running an AX-15 in your rig!? I had you figured for an AW-4 man. Or is this from prior experience? :confused:

Ary

Thanks a lot for all the replies, i just bought the Redline MT90 for the AX-15.

Ravi

Good choice, man.

CRASH

What fluid costs 18 dollars a quart?!?

It's the bend-over/no-lube price that they charge for Castrol Syn-Torq LT at the dealership. there is no other place to get Syn-Torq.

It's the only fluid that does not void the warranty on your NV4500 trans.

I run Redline MT-90NS, which is an acceptable replacement at $4.99 a quart. The bitch takes 7 quarts.

CRASH

CRASH said:
It's the bend-over/no-lube price that they charge for Castrol Syn-Torq LT at the dealership. there is no other place to get Syn-Torq.

It's the only fluid that does not void the warranty on your NV4500 trans.

I run Redline MT-90NS, which is an acceptable replacement at $4.99 a quart. The bitch takes 7 quarts.

CRASH

shit i just paid $10.42 for a quart?

ravi

ROTFLMAO @ CRASH!

I'm not worthy :worship:
:roflmao:

I love this place! :rof:

Back