• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Heater Fan Intermittent

SnowyXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I've got a 1989 Jeep Cherokee 4.0 4x4 and I've got this problem where the fan is being picky with me.. It will turn on when it wants to and usually doesn't give notice before it shuts off.. I'd like to get this fixed before winter, but I'm afraid to play with it because I remember there being a bit of vacum lines behind that hvac panel.

Let me know if you've had this problem and what you've done to fix it.. thanks.. Bill

:)

Yea, Yea ... I see the topic now.

It sound like the switch is bad. My fan only works on high, because the resistors are gone down by the heater box.

The fan in my '88 was like that two years ago. I mentioned it to Matthew Currie when I was visiting him to buy some parts, 'cause the fan had finally stopped altogether. He grabbed another fan out the barn, we plugged it in, and it ran. The problem could be a dead fan.

Back