• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need Banks help QUICK!

Incredible Hulk

NAXJA Forum User
I just ordered my Banks and the guy I ordered from on groupbuys.com says taht it does NOT come with the down tube and that it is only available for the YJs. Is this true? I have never haerd of this being an issue? I was todl taht the down tube was part of the deal. Am I out of luck? Those with this header on you XJ please straighten me out!

I realize it is sold separately, but is it even available? THe guy I bought from stated it is not even an option, so I am stuck with my stock pinched down tube. So, that is why I am freakin a little. Anyone know?

As far as I know you will be using your down tube. When I looked at Banks vs. Borla this is why I choose Borla for the XJ. The stock down tube is not big deal though. It should be fine. Mine was messed up a bit so I needed one.

Relax and put the header on. It will be fine.

Curt

h.curtis said:
As far as I know you will be using your down tube. When I looked at Banks vs. Borla this is why I choose Borla for the XJ. The stock down tube is not big deal though. It should be fine. Mine was messed up a bit so I needed one.

Relax and put the header on. It will be fine.

Curt

Where did you find the new down tube?

XJCHUCK72 said:
Where did you find the new down tube?

Not sure what you mean Chuck. I bought Borla and it comes with a new down tube. The Banks is just a header that uses the stock down tube. No need for a new one.

Curt

why even buy a header if you're just gonna let it dump into the stock (crimped) downtube?

Lucas said:
why even buy a header if you're just gonna let it dump into the stock (crimped) downtube?

Why even buy a header if the gains are negligible? Unless you go by Dino and his hand held stopwatch, you're looking at just a few.

Most guys buy them because their stocker is leaking and instead of shelling out for a new one, they get a higher quality aftermarket unit.

Back