• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MJ Leafs

dana44

NAXJA Forum User
Hey, I did a search, but could not find any information..

Would MJ Leafs work on an XJ? I have been offered a set of leafs, brand new in exchange for a minor carpenter job. I will probably take them as part of the payment anyway, and the leafs in my wife's XJ are sagging alot, so I thought that if it would fit the XJ it would be great. I know the MJ feafs have a greater arc than the XJ leafs, and I'm wondering how many inches they would lift the rear so that I can buy the parts to level it out. Hope this can be answered.

Thanks guys!
Arnt H. Andresen
Trondheim, Norway

I know for certain that they are longer and have more arch, I believe the front half of the spring is 1" longer and the back is several (maybe 3 or 4") inchs longer. You could bolt the front up to the stock location, which would extend your wheelbase about an inch, then if you have a beefy rear bumber, attach a shackle to that for the rear of the leaf.

Or, you could relocate them under the frame rail, read the other post currently going on that, some like it, some don't. I have a friend that has done it, and he likes it.

Please don't cut them...

You coul figure out how much $$$ you want for them and I could bye them off you, then you can buy all the budget boost you want.

I need new, and can't find them NEW
GEne MJ

Hey, thanks for the input!

GEne MJ, I don't think you buying the springs from me would make you save any money, I live in Norway.... The shipping would probably run you 2-300$... thanks anyway.. I don't know if I would cut the eye off the spring and use the main as a AAL, but I might sell the spring pack to someone that needs them more than me.
Thanks for the input anyway.

Arnt H. Andresen
Trondheim, Norway

Well Darn, I thaught i was on to something. Oh well, hack the heck out them. Actually, you probably only need the bottem srping, or second to bottem. And you will be getting up there.

Anyways luck, Gene MJ

Remove the MJ main leaf, replace it with your XJ main leaf. Bam 4.5" of lift.

Re: Please don't cut them...

Gene MJ said:
I need new, and can't find them NEW
GEne MJ

Call Superior Spring Company in Hamden, Connecticut. I'd be very surprised if they can't fix you up. (203)248-6385

Back