• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

PICS of painted stock rims?

bretto

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone have pics of stock 5-star steelies painted black? I am thinking of doing this and then leaving the center caps silver. Just wanted to see if anyone had pics to see how it looks.

brett

brett-

I thought about doing this on my old 87 XJ....always thought it would be a good looking cheap way to upgrade what you got.

I think it would look sweet!

CaptTrev

no pics though, sorry

Did it on my 96. Looks much better than the silver. I also painted the center caps.

i don't have any pics..but my buddy did it...LOOKS SWEEEEET!! actually i'm going to do it to my stock 10 hole rims for the winter!! (the season for the wheeling rims is almost over.... boooooo)

just clean the crap out of it( clean enough to eat off of) and a good rattle can should do it.

I did this to my '98 stock steel wheels and it looks awesome. I used a cheap roll/brush on bed liner from Advance Auto Parts. It turned out really cool and is tough as hell. The stuff was about $15 for a quart.

Burley

That was what I was looking for...looks great and I have already started doing it. I think I will be keeping the center caps silver. Sort of a cheapie knock-off look of rock crawlers.

Thanks mrfoo
brett

I did it with plain old Krylon Semi-gloss black and some good cleaning. Also left the center caps off, to me it looks better that way, and all around it looks better then silver.

Chris

I did it and it looks great. However, my son, ever wanting to burn through that wad of money in his pocket, wanted to buy rockcravwlers instead; so now there getting washed in the grass in the woods behind the house.

Bill

bretto said:
Anyone have pics of stock 5-star steelies painted black? I am thinking of doing this and then leaving the center caps silver. Just wanted to see if anyone had pics to see how it looks.

brett
Not exactly what you asked for, but . . .

tire.jpg

Hope this helps. Painted with black appliance enamel from Ace Hardware.

Back