• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

general question about lift choice

Kinch

NAXJA Forum User
This is my first time to post on here just recently found the site. I've got a '95 two door sport with 2" (spacers and add-a-leaf) and 31's. I am planning on getting a new lift in the near future. I like the 4 1/2" lifts from RE and Rusty's. Any advice on which one is preferred? Or im not sure if i want to go ahead and get a 6". But i not sure what else i would be getting into with the 6" such as driveline mods etc. What are some things that MUST be done along with the 6" and what can i maybe do without. My biggest concern is with the SYE. Is it a MUST have with the 6" lift? Will gladly take ANY advice on the subject. Thanks....KINCH

6" lift and a SYE/CV shaft MUST be done. with 6" of lift I would assume your going to run about 35" tires, then you will want t regear. Also if you have a D35 rear axle 35" tires is a major issue. You will be snaping axle shafts pulling out of your driveway.

When it comes to Rusty's vs. RE, I choose RE.

thanks Renegade Jpr the 4 1/2" lift will most likely be what i get in the end and do some cutting once i get the lift and tires concidering the jeep is still my daily driver. Thanks. What about with the 4 1/2" RE any other mods need to be done with it?

I run 4.5" w/no SYE/CV.

I run 32's under a 4.5" RE lift and don't have the SYE/CV kit - just stock driveshafts/u-joints. I've never had any binding or other problems, but I'm pretty sure that the diff pumpkins are shimmed at angle. I haven't done any really hard wheeling (like rockcrawling), so take it for what it's worth.

i am also looking at different lifts. i think im going with the rocky road 5in lift. has anyone used this lift ? what do you think.

I haven't used that kit but I did look hard at it recently when I was trying to make the same decision... which kit to go with? I ended up purchasing a RE 4.5" kit. Here are some food-for-thought reasons why:
> RE kit includes both upper and lower control arms, the RR does not include either. I believe you will find most feel that around 3.5" to 4.0" and above you need longer arms.
> Disco's and drop kit are additional cost with RR but come with the RE kit (albeit no one can come up with any good words for the RE disco set-up).
> With the RE kit you have the option, which I did, to upgrade (for a relatively small fee) to their Heavy Duty adj. track bar and bracket.
> The RE kit comes with new front and rear ss brake lines, the RR kit comes with just the rear and directions on how to remount the front.
> You can purchase the RE kit from a number of sources that have FREE shipping where you will pay for it when ordering from RR.

Just something to think about ;)

Back