• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Going to run 36" TSL's-How high should I go?

Heep

NAXJA Forum User
Well the project has begun and so far the Heep is stock, we grabbed some D44's F&R to put under it. How high should I go with 36"s TSL's do you think. Its a 99% trail rig. Aslo how do you suggest I get to that hieght (i mean say I go to 8" should I get 8" coils or 6"and 2" spacers? also what leafs?shackle combo or what ?)

I personally am a big fan of low COG. I say lift only what you have to and chop the rest. Others like tall rigs but where I wheel I dont wanna roll. just my $0.02
Keep Diggin IT!

I run 8 inches and 35 and I could not see how people only run 6 I am cut as much as it will cut and on te trail when it stuffs it rubs not real bad but its there in the back I run 6.5 springs and 1.5 inch lift shackles and it rubs with it trimed.

Well, I run about 5.5" to 6" with 35's, and could damn near fit 37's.

Just when you think you've cut enough, cut some more.

I built my own fender flares.

CRASH

Fawk, keep the suspension stock put full width one ton axles and take the front fenders off, and dovetail the rear. :rolleyes: If you want to have enough room without insane bumpstops go with 8". But if articulation is not a major concern, they will fit with 5-6" and trimming. No matter what you will have to trim a lot to stuff a 36.

CW. said:
8"'s with TJ flares is plenty. I would go with a better axle in the rear.

I think I spotted a 9" rear on a 78 Bronco Full size sucker, This will be too wide wont it? The 44's I got are from a waggy and a ScoutII

Back