• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ MJ seat interchange

RNMedic

NAXJA Member #659
finally got the trans figured out in my sons MJ drivers side seat bracket is rusted out, will an xj bracket fit or is it MJ specific?

The seat pedestals are very MJ-specific.

The brackets on the MJ are narrower in the back post mounts IIRC, difference being the "frame" locations under the cab are quite different than an XJ.

If you can't find a MJ bucket seat bracket, try a MJ bench seat bracket, it'll have the right bolting locations and you should with a little creativity get that to work.

In fact some have swapped a bench seat for XJ buckets using the MJ bench seat bracket.

Good luck.

Teron

btt
is there a difference between the bench and bucket brackets, all I can find are the bench seat brackets and I need to get him out of my car and into his truck. John

The foot on the MJ seat bracket is MJ specific. I assume your son has a bench in his MJ.

The bolt pattern from the foot to the slider track is the same on the MJ and XJ.

Thus, you will need a MJ foot to mount to a MJ slider track on the bottom of the bench. Personally, I would find XJ bucket seats and mount them to MJ foot brackets for an awesome upgrade.

nope factory buckets and we need the drivers side bracket the base was rusted beyond beleif. John

Back