• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Regear?

Hawaiian Style

NAXJA Forum User
My 95 YJ is a 4 banger. I'm hoping to soon have the money the much needed engine/tranny swap. It's got D30 & D35c with 4:10's in it. My question is does anyone know if it's a good idea to drop those in my 88 XJ? Same axles, D30 and D35. Just toying with the idea. Anyone have any thoughts? It may not even be worth the effort...

tires?

What size tires do you have, what tranny, what engine? If you're running stock size tires on your XJ, then 4.10 gears would make first a real "granny low."

OK here's the specs

95 YJ 2.5L AX-5 NP231 33's on D30 and D35

88 XJ 4.0 AW-4 NP231 31's on D30 and D35

I'd like to drop 4.88's in the YJ and then I'll have this set of 4.10's. I was just wondering if there was some diference in the XJ and YJ gears. I'd hate to throw the 4.10's in the trash, they'd be nice to have in the XJ IF it's and easy swap. One more thing... TruTrac in the XJ. Would that interfere with the gear swap?

:D I knew if I begged long enough someone would answer...

It does have the high pinion as well. Cool I guess a newer set of gears plus the new ratio will work. Thanks!

Back