• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2.8 to 4.3 conversion ?

a4x4freak

NAXJA Forum User
My 86 xj has a 2.8 v6. it is way under powered so its out of there I purchased a 91 s10 blazer (wreaked) with a 4.3 L. that runs real good has less than 60,000 miles on it and I want to know how hard this swap is. I know it has been done and there are kits to do it my main concern is other things like cooling or any other thing I may run into. any input would be great

the 4.3 will not bolt up to your tranny, so you will need to reuse the Chevy tranny, and possible t-case.

the chevy 3.1 and 3.4 engines do bolt up the the 2.8 (all 60 degree Vs) and the small block 305, 350, etc bolt up to the same trannies as the 4.3 (all 90 degree Vs)

cheap 4.3

The olny thing is I can get the whole blazer for $300 so if I need a differnt tranny I will get it as well as everything else and the body I already have sold for most my $ back so if it cost a little I dont mind..

Back