• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MJ bed sizes

PA Highlander

NAXJA Forum User
I'd like to put a cap on my MJ for winter, but I'm not finding anything local that is for an MJ. The truck is a long bed (7.5'), and I'd think it would have to be very similar to another make for cap fitment. It looks close to an S-10 but without any other pickups handy to measure does anyone happen to know what make/model and year spans of caps will fit an '86 MJ longbed? There seem to always be caps in the local bargain paper, but I need to know what will fit before I start making trips.

Thanks!

Matthew ____, who used to post on here as "Comanche Guy" I think, told me that his father used to sell caps, and that S-10 caps work. I know I bought a used S-10 shortbed cap and it fits my shortbed MJ just fine. I think it has a high enough degree of probability that it would be worth going to look at an S-10 cap and just trying it on for size.

I'll second, or third or...
I've had....5 MJs w/ S10 caps on them, and one currently.

FYI all 86 MJs were longbed.

Teron

Back