• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Welded my rear

BUCKYXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Finally got my rear welded. Some one was supposed to tell if the rags were on fire.
buckyxj038.jpg

Here is the Shiner locker.
buckyxj042.jpg

Can You DIG IT!

Always love the welded rear. My old D35 welded is now in a friends xj turning 33" boggers. I never broke it, well see how it handles much abuse and boggers.

installing it tonight. We pust some spray crap on it that is supposed to not let it get on there but we also had it covered with a rag so not hardly any splatter on there at all.

Did you weld the spider gears to the carrier or just the side and spiders? Got any other closeup pics. I'm considering doing the same to save some funds.

buckyxj040.jpg

This is the last pic I have I will let you know how she handles on monday. This is my Daily Driver.
DIG IT!

:cool: I dig it!
Are you running this in both front and rear or just rear?

everything was covered while welding. I did have to clean the splines for the axle shafts though but that was no biggie.

def let us know how it handles as I'm comtemplating doing the same thing to my 8.25 - Thanks Jeff CamoXJ

everything was covered while welding. I did have to clean the splines for the axle shafts though but that was no biggie.

I was refering to all the slag and spatter in the spiders.

I use a flux core welder for pretty much everywhere, but thats a time I would of drove to a friends house to use a mig.

I am sure it will be fine it will just be a pain to clean all the junk out.

Okay welded rear update from someone who did it in a Daily Driver. The first thing is turning 90 degree turns the inside tire chirps (which we all knew it would). Second when taking a turn with some speed say 15mph or more cant even hardly tell its there on highway or just curvey roads cant tell its there so I am very happy with it so far but this was just a two day test so far. Halloween night we went to a party and a guy gave me a Detroit Trutrac for a D44 for free it has one little piece broke though. So now I have to decide to leave it welded or install the locker.
DIG IT!

Sweet, mines def gettin welded. Thanks Jeff CamoXJ

I will try and remember to do a one week update and let you know how its going

u do know that a true trac is a LSD not a full locker...right bucky?

Brad

yep I am gonna sell her and get a D30 locker or just some spare shafts for when I weld the front

Back