• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

water in the floorboard

Stern

NAXJA Forum User
lately i have been getting huge puddle of water on my driverside floorboard after a raindy day. i pulled back the carpet and noticed it was starting to rust which worry's me a little. it only does it when the jeep is parked. any ideas where it could be coming from? windshield seal? also has anyone ever heard of or seen a four door wrangler? my buddy just saw one and since i had your attention i figured id ask. thanks in advance!

VERY common problem - quick & easy fixes usually. Have ya ran a new power line thru the firewall? Or has anyone else ran a wire thru the firewall in the past?

Water travels down the firewall & clings to wires/cables and travels right up to the grommet & if someone has removed the grommet or punched a hole in it the water comes right on thru.

A little black RTV silicone (the hardening kind) sealer on all your grommets & along the corner fender-to-firewall seams will take care of =most= of this kind of thing. Some people do have an issue w/ the windshield leaking after replacement (or a really bad day at the factory).

Adding a zip-tie & leaving the 'tail' of the zip-tie hanging downward from cables/wires before they go into grommets will also give the water a path to drip downward before it gets back to the firewall as it tries to travel along the wire/cable. Still use the rtv though.

HTH
:anon:

Windshield is the primary suspect. Suspect number two is the trough under the cowl where the wiper motor is located. Remove the cowl and look for an open joint in the bottom corners.

i did put a wire through the engine compartment about a year ago and it stared leakin about 6 months ago so i will check that out. i also had the windshield replaced about 2.5 years ago..i will check all these ideas and let u know what happens.i thanks for all the great ideas!!

Back