• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Oh the wires! 94 2.5L.......

Ghost

Member Number 257
NAXJA Member
Been tinkering with the engine wire harness the last couple of days and ran into a snag. The Powertrain Diagnostic Procedures manual I have has helped a lot but it does not show which wire plugs into the coil! Anyone got a 2.5L that can look under the hood or a Full FSM for 93 or 94? More questions to come!

Also....

Does the 94 have a strater selanoid like the 84 on the fender wall? Or is it a part of the starter? What wires plug into it?

I have also noticed that the 4.0L

wire harness is basically the same (except it has 2 more FI wires) not sure what else is different. Anyone got a clue?

This does not make sence......

Here is what I got from Ga Mike!

'94 model 2.5L ignition coil wires:
grey wire and orange wire. They should be in an oval connector that plugs
directly into the coil.This plug comes off of another 10 wire connector
where they both should be. The orange wire goes to the alternator feed
line(they call it "generator" in the FSM,but I'm gonna go out on a limb
and say "alternator" instead) and is connected to both the ALT. & coil.
So,from the way it looks,orange will be the "+" and grey will be the "-".
Have fun with it! We'll be thinkin' 'bout ya on the trails this weekend!
I'm outta here!!!!!!!!!

The 10 wire connector has several two wire plugs but the only one that has a grey wire on it does not have a orange wire on it. I have also noticed the plugs have different colors on them. Does this mean the plugs are color coded? If so what color is on the coil plug? I'm confused!

Took another look. There is a gray plug that has two wires a Orange strip and Gark Green one and the other looks Black!? Could this be it?

Last edited:
I looked in the 93 manual. It says there is a BLK-GRY wire that comes from the 19 pin on the PCM, to the coil. And a DK GRN-ORG wire from the B pin on the alternator, to the coil.

Back