• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TJ seats in a XJ??

Toney85XJ

NAXJA Forum User
The front seats in the XJ are just about worn out, along with the seat covers. I was thinking of trying front seats out of a TJ and was wondering if it would be bolt in, and if anyone has done it. The seats in my TJ are really comfortable compared to other vehicles I've rode in, and I think the spice color seats in 97-98 tj's color would almost match the interior of the xj without the need for seat covers. Any help will be really appricated! I've searched and didn't really come up with anything.

Thanks,
Patrick

Toney85XJ said:
The front seats in the XJ are just about worn out, along with the seat covers. I was thinking of trying front seats out of a TJ and was wondering if it would be bolt in, and if anyone has done it. The seats in my TJ are really comfortable compared to other vehicles I've rode in, and I think the spice color seats in 97-98 tj's color would almost match the interior of the xj without the need for seat covers. Any help will be really appricated! I've searched and didn't really come up with anything.

Thanks,
Patrick

I thought about doing this when the frame in my drivers seat broke. The TJ seats will not directly bolt in. The bolt pattern on the rails is different. Now while it might be possible to make it work by drilling new holes (but I doubt it), I just ended up getting a seat from a 95 XJ at the boneyard and transferring my seat covers over to the 'new' frame. Then I had my old frame welded up as a spare.

I've only seen one aftermarket replacement seat for the XJ, made by Mastercraft Race products..but it is expensive (300+ apeice). Plus, in my case I wanted one that reclined (like the factory seat I have) and the Mastercraft does not.

You could just pick up some seats from the boneyard and replace the covers with some aftermarket ones.

Good Luck!

Steve

Back