• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stolen but not stolen XJ (Seattle - Spokane)

jesseh

NAXJA Forum User
Here is the story. My ex wife is bipolar borderline schiziphrinic. She went off her meds recently and hooked up with a couple of crack heads. They all went east from Seattle, WA where the two idiots dumped her into a mental hospital in Spokane, WA and took her Jeep. The Jeep is still in my name, but because I gave her the Jeep and she gave them permission to drive it I can't report it stolen.

She was dumped in spokane and is currently in the mental hospital there and is going to be transported back to this side of the state. Not that I want her back, but I want the Jeep back.

Here is the info on the Jeep.
1990 Jeep Cherokee
4.0 litre
Red with the standard white pinstriping and silver flares and rocker panels.
It's stock

Here are the distinguishing marks since there are a million red Jeep Cherokees out there.

license: 007 NDM

Front left tire has been curbed too many times so sidewall is white from rubbing off the letters against the curb. Tires are 30x9.5 SUV (mostly street) tires.

Missing rear wiper (unplugged hole where it used too be)

white paw prints on hood where cat walked thru some paint then got on hood.

Rubber mat under radiator is hanging down and is covered with leaked oil.

If you meet the two jokers who took it, feel free to inform them that Julia's ex husband is hunting them down and wants the Jeep back, they have the choice of returning it to me or abandoning it where it is.

If you see the Jeep but don't see the drivers, call the state patrol and have them contact me and if you can have the Jeep impounded. Or if you have the capability of towing it away, do so and have the police call me to get confirmation that you have permission.

My contact information:
Jesse Hires
cell number: 425-681-8301
email: [email protected]
I also frequent the snort 4x4 forums at http://snort4x4.com

If you gain posession of this Jeep and it is still drivable, I will give you $500 cash when it is turned over to me.
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

USP40_HK is correct. I had (well have) a TJ that I signed signed the dotted line for since a buddy had a credit rating of crap. He decided to miss the first few payments, so I went to repo the rig. Turns out he headed to Eastern WA too. My dad whom deals with many Federal and law agencies told me to report it stolen since it is legally my vehicle.

Bottom line is the title is in YOUR name, therfore YOU can report it stolen. Yes, you may have given her permission to drive it, and she permission to those goons. BUT the title is still in your name and YOU did not authorize these people to take it. So by all means go and report the Jeep stolen. And yes, since you are the owner, you are basically liable for anything they do with your vehicle.

HTH
Chris O.

Only if the title is in your name only! If her name is on the title she can take it and do anything she wants with it. I found this out as I was de-wifing a few years ago. She took My jeep 'cause she blew the motor up in hers. I tried to get it back but the police told me since her name was on the title she had leagle rights to it, even though we were not together and I had refinanced the loan with a new bank, we lived in different towns, etc. To make a long story short, A friend of mine saw it in front of a hillbilly bar, I went to 'repo' it. She had put a club on it, she callled the law, they would not make her give it to me. I asked the officer if it was my car also. He said it was, so I took all of the plug wires home with me. :D

The Judge order her to give it back two weeks later.

If wife is at all coherent, you might want to have a brief written statement from her detailing the "permission" and specifying that the drivers no longer have it. If she isn't capable of this, it shouldn't be too hard to convince your local police department (where the car was taken from) that the drivers took advantage of a disabled person. That'll go over real big when these guys are caught. Good luck.

Ben

as long as the car was taken with permission good luck. I have a customer who let a buddy take his truck (that he still owed me for) to the store for some smokes. Turned out the store was in Louisianna(we are in Fl.). Nothing he could do. Except keep paying me for the truck. Later turns out same guy lost his job, rented a uhaul, went shopping for furniture and stuff in 4 other peoples houses, and tried to start selling stuff in NC where he got arrested. I still have the lein on the truck, should show up if anyone ever tries to retitle it.

On the other hand, you can do anything you want to the jeep to disable it if its yours (as long as you dont do anything to risk hurting anyone). Keep some wire cutters handy to nip 4 valve stems real quick if you spot it but dont want to hang out waiting for the tow truck. It would be a lot more fun to nip the brake lines and watch the dirt bags crash, just cant risk hurting anyone else.

Dang jesseh, not good eh.

I wish I could help. The family and I where heading to Spokane this week-end, but we had to cancel. Otherwise, we would definitely keep an eye out for your long lost rig. Do post back with any updates you may have.
Glenn

Back