• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Removing ABS Hardware

BrianJr

NAXJA Forum User
It looks like I will be disabling and possibly removing the ABS in my '99 XJ. I have been told that I can disable the ABS by removing the two fuses (one inside cab and other under hood).

Has anyone removed the ABS hardware from a late model ('97+) XJ? What was involved? I would like to reclaim some space under my hood and since the ABS will be disable anyway... I also thought I might be able to eBay some of the parts to help pay for a new axle.

Thanks again,
-Brian

How did you route the hard lines once the pump was gone?

I'd love to get a art list and see pictures. Also I'm assuming you had to reflare the existing lines.

BrianJR, can you answer my question?

Brian, I am in the market for a '97 - '01 XJ without the ABS. Could you please tell me if the following question I asked in OEM Tech forum is true?

With ABS, the brake lines run from the master cylinder to the pump and then from the pump to the wheels, correct? This pump is located directly to the drivers sice of the master cylinder, correct?

Thanks.

Roy

Half of these dealers (sales people) don't where to put gas in the car, let alone whether or not the Jeep does or does not have ABS. At least the Chysler dealers can run a build sheet. From the pictures I have seen, the vehicles with ABS have extra hydraulics to the drivers side of the master cylinder. Are ALL '97 - '01 XJ's this way? This would be great because I can then have their service department verify for me. I'd hate to fly or drive to AZ and find out the dealer "misinformed" me about the ABS.

Back