• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Armor on the installment plan.

poomba

NAXJA Forum User
The winter project I want to do, is armoring my '89. Its got a 4 inch lift *2 inch old man emu springs* and 2 inch spacers. Upgraded track bar, no sway bars (not a daily driver). Last time I welded was 1978 (look ma, its a foot pedal!), so guess I'm doing bolt on. I want to do moderate trails, doubt I'll ever do something truly extreme. What do you suggest, and am I gonna need to knock over 7-11's for the 10 bucks and all the slurpee's I can run out the door with? I have pretty much stock everything, with just a wraparound the gas tank.:eek:

Put your ski-mask away and score a $300 welder!

My whole fab shop....

FabShop.jpg

If you've got all winter... you can armor everything!

tank1.jpg

under2.jpg

Rock2.jpg

Plus bumpers...

Not tough... just takes time... I don't have time, but I've got more time than money!!!!

robs, that looks a lot like my current fab shop! Yours is a little fancier, though. I'm moving into a much better one at the end of this week, thank gawd!
poomba, robs is right. Welding is like riding a bike. You never truly forget how. Grab a used welder for <$300, some scrap steel, and refresh your skills. In the end, you'll save $$ and have all of your armor, exactly the way you want it.

Well, the army DOES have all these tanks just lying around..prolly wouldn't miss a plate or two...:twak: All right, I'll think about getting off my butt and actually doing something again. Luckily, with my rig..I can't make it uglier...

Back