• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

whats the tallest tire for stock xj?

ylojelo

NAXJA Forum User
Old question, but usually worded biggest. and I want hight. And the answer seems to be tire specific. What would be the tallest Bridgestone Revo tire that would fit a stock XJ? Everyone seems to have only praise for these tires.

A typical 235/75R15 is 28.9" diameter. Since people run 30s and usually report "minimal" rubbing, and 30s are usually 29.5" diamter +/-, you can probably figure that 29" is the max for zero rub.

245/70R15 is 28.5" diameter. The 235/75 is taller.

However, that;s a theoretical number. When I was assembling my tire size spreadsheet, I couldn't find any manufacturer who offered that as a size.

Or did you mean 245/70R16? You have to include the rim size. The 245/70 part refers to the cross-section width in millimeters (245) times a profile ratio (70 means the cross section height is 70% of the cross section width.

A 245/70R15 would be 28.5" diameter. A 245/70R16 (which is available) is 29.5" diameter.

Last edited:
so I can just check out the spec on tirerack.com for a dim of 29.5 if I can live with a bit o rub, right? Does a wider tire increase the rubbing? And Im on stock steel rims 15 x8 I think is right.

Im running 235 75-15 MT's on a stock height '99 with no rubbing at all (at least with the swaybars connected).

Bridgestone Dueler A/T 235/70/R16 should fit without rubbing on a stock '00? Diameter is 28.9".

Thanks,
Dave

Im running 30x9.50 15 Sport King all terain tires with no evidence of rubbing.Ive been in some deep mud in turkey bay and had no clearance issues.Staying with the stock 7inch wheels is crucial.:angel:

i rubbed 30x9.50 federal AT's on the inside of the front fender well and lowers at full crank. also they tore up the inside of the fender flares in both the front and back. the daystar 1.75 shackle and spacer lift got rid of the rubbing and allowed more upward travel in the rear and it was cheap. -Small

Back